2015 is a big year for the Poudre Fire Authority!
We're celebrating several milestones in the departments history and we want you to join us. You can read the story of the PFA here. And win some commemorative PFA swag by entering our smoke alarm contest!
What are we celebrating?
We're celebrating having proudly served the community since 1880! Here are a few other milestones:
- 100 years ago, we hired our first paid firefighter.
- 50 years ago, Station 3 was built.
- 50 years ago, we mourned the loss of Chief Carpenter, who died in the line of duty during the State Dry Goods fire of 1965.
- 35 years ago, the FCFD and the PVFPD combined to form the Poudre Fire Authority as we know it today.
- 20 years ago, our training center was built.
- 10 years ago, Station 10 was built.
How are we celebrating?
'Are Your Alarms Older than the PFA' Contest: If you've got an old smoke alarm in your home, this is your chance to get it replaced, for free, AND win a prize in the process! Check out the page on the left for more info, or to enter.
June 20-Whole Foods Pancake Breakfast: This is a yearly fundraiser hosted by our community Whole Foods. Come on down for some delicious food and meet the brand new Engine 2! All funds raised go towards the furnishing of smoke and carbon monoxide alarms for those in our community who cannot afford them.
July 4- Independence Day Parade: We're proud to participate in the 4th of July parade each year but this time, we're going all out! Chief DeMint will be the Grand Marshal of the parade and we will have fire engines available for tour after the parade is over.
September 20- Fire Festival: This fall, a street fair will take over Remington Street this fall! There will be games, fire engine tours, food and so much more. Don't miss this event.
Check back for updated details as these events near!